<body>

yuli lim! (:


I'm just trying to find my place and if you happen to read about it along the way, good for you. (: Oh and, I love tweety, but its not because of twitter.(: Current obsession : Ribbons, halter tops, floral patterns, boyfriend shirts and pinafores. (:

BLABBERMOUTH (:

Blogs worth reading. (:
those dusty old files. (:
March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 April 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 May 2010

Hit me! (:

CREDITS
Designer: chong
Sunday, 18 October 2009 @ 22:41
I came to know about this movie when I was watching I Love You, Man. There is NO comparison. (: Chocolat. 

At first when I read the synopsis, I thought it was like some hamsup movie but it had 5 Academy Awards nominations including Best Picture(or at least thats what it said on the cover)! So, I thought I could just skip part all those bits and it probably has a great storyline. SO I bought it, original DVD smmore! SO proud of myself! Well, it was the first time I bought an original one! (:

My synopsis :

The plot is about this woman, Vianna, whose mother was from some tribe who were like experts in making stuff out of cocoa for medicinal values. Apparently it was supposed to UNLEASH YOUR DESIRES. (Thats where I thought the horny part came in. But surprisingly, the film was very, um, decent. There were no disgusting detailed parts.) Anyway, Vianna's mother and her daughter were destined to travel from town to town spreading the cocoa recipe and stuff every time the north wind blew.

When her mom died, it was Vianna's turn. So Vianna now has a little girl called Anouk and they do the same thing. They travel from town to town spreading the wonders of chocolate as their destined to. How? They open a chocolatier. Unfortunately, they are rejected everywhere they go.

The story starts in this small village in rural France (sexy accents!)where everybody is really repressed and old fashioned and forbid themselves from any kind of indulgence. So, Vianna's chocolatier goes against every social law ESPECIALLY since she opened in the period of Lent.(time of abstinence before Easter) Needless to say, the chocolates are mouthwatering. (Made me feel like eating chocolate while watching the movie.) The villagers are gripped by Vianna's charming personality and the irresistability of her delicious chocolates and indulge themselves.

Unfortunately, the comte of the village(sort of the head) opposes all these kinds of indulgences and goes against Vianna. The villagers are then all afraid to go against him and they boycott Vianna's shop.

It gets worse when The River Rats turn up. (: They are shunned by the villagers. They are sort of pirates that go from country to country, just hang out at the river bank with the ship as their home. They don't belong anywhere. Here's where Johnny Depp comes in as the captain of the ship! <3 Vianna befriends them and slowly developes a special friendship with Roux, Johnny Depp!!!

However, Vianna slowly regains their favour with her kindness and friendliness and alls well ends well. Most importantly, the young pere while preaching his sermon spoke about the tolerance of Jesus in accepting everyone and not measuring our works by what we forbid ourselves to do, but by what we actually do. And that is to abide by the tolerance, forgiveness and kindness he showed during his lifetime on Earth.

THEN, EVERYBODY ACCEPTS HER AND SHE DOESN'T NEED TO GO TRAVELLING ANYMORE ;D Oh and, she and Johnny Depp fall in love along the way(<3!)

Frankly, I found the plot a little ridiculous as it was completely centred around this self indulgence in chocolate which is near uncontrollable. The only reason the story happened because Vianna's dad married some Mayan woman and she is destined t trek across the country trying to introduce people to the wonders of chocolate? But what really impressed me was the acting. The acting was superb! Especially the little girl, Anouk, Vianna's daughter. I could really feel her emotions and she was so adowable. Vianna was also really good. They French accented all their English and it was actually pretty great sounding. Not to mention Johnny Depp!!!!(: <3


Overall, a pretty good movie. Pick it up if you have time. Speedy selling for only RM9.90. Get it, NOW. ;D