WARNING ! This might be an emo post. I know I know. Posting twice in a night.
I know its being selfish. But I can't help feel that some of my friends are slipping away from me. I guess it really can't be helped be cause I have a hand in it too. I didn't bother, didn't try hard enough to make up the distance between us. Somehow or other, we only got talking because of our relationships or something. I'm not throwing the blame around r pointig the finger, this isn't only about me. She's got her new friends and I've got mine.
Its not that we're total strangers, we just aren't as close as we once used to be. But hey, thats life right? It changes, we move on. But nobody likes change right?
I've got my Elizabeth! =D She's just always been there when I was down. Its not that my other friends weren't there for me. It was that I wouldn't let them be there for me. I can't help thinking, if something happened between Jae and I, who would I confide in. He's my best friend. <3 But now I've got Elizabeth, I guess it makes me feel better.
I miss my old friends even though I've got the new ones. There's just things you do that you've never done before and things that you've done that you'll never do again. But like the malay proverb says : tepuk sebelah tangan tidak bunyi. It takes two.
Then there's my other friend. We've known each other way back. Its like we can talk for hours at a time. But recently I just don't have the time to spend with her. Or her, me. Everytime I call her for a sleepover, a hang out, anything really. She's busy and I haven't seen her in over a month or talked to her for that matter. Its not her fault either.
We just didn't try hard enough. I don't know if there's time to cover. I just know I regret it. If I held on tighter, maybe they wouldn't have slipped away, wouldn't have found a reason to let go.
I miss you guys. If you feel it too, you know who you are.
Labels: friendship blues