<body>

yuli lim! (:


I'm just trying to find my place and if you happen to read about it along the way, good for you. (: Oh and, I love tweety, but its not because of twitter.(: Current obsession : Ribbons, halter tops, floral patterns, boyfriend shirts and pinafores. (:

BLABBERMOUTH (:

Blogs worth reading. (:
those dusty old files. (:
March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 April 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 March 2010 May 2010

Hit me! (:

CREDITS
Designer: chong
Wednesday, 1 April 2009 @ 19:11
We did it. (: I am so grateful to my commitee members- Rachel Ho Jia Wei, Lee Pei She, Aaron Ng, Michelle Leong, Loke Ee Jay, Thong Yi Kun. You guys are the best.QQ. :D

To my fellow form 4 edboarders- Ng Chen Lynn, Tee Ee Voon, Alicia Chung, Wong Hong Jian, Rachael Wong Sook Zhen,Charmaine Chan, Ang Ke Qian, you guys(more of girls) are awesome! Thank you.

To Foong Lily, thank you so much for your help. (:

To Form 5 edboarders- Adrian, Kai Boon, Louise, Lie Yang(Financial means!) and everyone who has helped along the way. Thank you.

To probationers- Thank you for showing up and doing your job. Its your yturn to lead next year!(:

The photoshoot really stressed me out especially leading up to it when i was this total b*tch to everyone especially my committee members. I'm amazed that they put up with me without answering me back.

When I was first given the job, it was a mixture between happiness and terror. I really didn't know whether or not I could manage it. It really wasn't just organisation, it required leadership.

I remember my first commitee meeting. I didn't know what do say and I was really nervous even though I was only talking to 6 people! After that I asked Louise how I did, she just told me I needed to speak with more authority.

As weeks flew by, I learned. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I stopped being afraid that I couldn't manage it anymore. It wasn't a question of whether I could do it anymore, it was a question of how I was to get it done.

We had meetings after meetings, planning and planning. There were so many complications along the way. Offended teachers, station cards missing, troublesome probationers, many many many many many many schedule changes, club presidents who wouldn't attend briefings and so on so forth.We pulled through though, and we, the commitee formed a bond somewhere along the way.

Yesterday and today was the photoshoot. Something happened which completely killed our buzz of being ahead of schedule. But we got through it again and again, I learned that we can't please everybody, so be thick skinned and get on with it. The classes were unruly and many a time we had to raise our voices and this offended some people. I'm very sorry for that. Yet, there are two sides to the story and if you have ever organized anything which required everyone's cooperation, you would understand.

Today was the real tester. To quote my brother, " anyone can steer the ship when its calm, but who can take the storm?" That is when a real leader comes through. I prayed hard that I would be able to make wise decisions when the time came. It was really messy at the beginning and there were so many complications. It was then that I really broke down. I managed to pull myself together and if you like, ran around shouting at people. I hope I managed to pull the whole thing together but I couldn't have done it without my team and all the form 5 edboarders who were always on hand to help. I don't know if i managed to do a good job or not, that isn't for me to judge, but I do know is we got the job done and thats what counts.

Many apologies to anyone we've offended along the way.

-QMs, when we asked them to set up the umbrellas.
-Form 6 teachers.

I've been really roasted by the sun.

Labels: