I've been thinking huh.
Every girl wants to be the girls in the movies. Its either, the really pretty, popular obviously sexy kind of girls. You know, the cheerleaders, queen bee, leader of her posse of other equally pretty but somehow fade into the background because she's there kind of girls. THe girl that gets the hottest guys in school. She's rich, totally fashionable and has a tendency towards delinquency.

Rachel McAdams in Mean Girls. Totally spot on right?
BUT, because that is so hard to achieve. Most girls would like to
think of themselves as different. Hence, the other image.
You want to be the girl-next-door thats actually DIFFERENT. You want to be that pretty girl that gets prettier when you take notice, beautiful without putting in any effort. You know, the brunette with captivating dark eyes and soft voice who's super quiet and brooding instead of the airy, buxom blonde with the b*tchy attitude. You want to be that girl who the camera always catches looking pensively off into the distance with her dark hair blowing in the wind, smiles a little (but the guy always tells you your smile is beautiful. The girl who gets the most gorgeous guy without having to do anything but sit there and amazingly manage to attract his attention by looking moody, fragile and usually snow white fair. Why? Because she's DIFFERENT.

Bella in Twilight. RIGHT? ADMIT IT.
Why do you think girls always try to recreate the worn out jeans and t shirt look with the sling bag and the converse sneakers in a fashionable way? To look lke the girl next door who is different somehow!
Am I right? Well, for the majority. Because I've always wanted to be the second one. Not in a vamp movie, but yeah, that image. Well, reading about Bella put things in perspective. and you know what? Not everyone can be like that. Hence, the title of the post- the images we want to project but so rarely succeed. I guess I do the same with my pictures. I might not look that good in real life, its just something I would like people to think of me. Its the angle, the lighting, and my pretty smile.
I've learned to accept me. Say what you want, sticks and stones won't break my bones. (just dont throw them at my foot. ;) )
I'll just be me, with my broad shoulders, muscular legs and pretty, pretty smile. The girl with the pretty pictures but not so pretty real self. (:

PDV. (:
Labels: Philosophies