Ode to my JS Exclusive Hair Series 67 Ion Perm shampoo.I have decided to dedicate this post to shampoos that I've used throughout my life.
When I was 8 ( as far back as I can remember) I used Sunsilk. It seemed like the greatest shampoo on earth to me back then. I tried all the different types of Sunsilk and particularly liked the pink one and the blue one. (: the blue one had a picture of a girl with short hair and daffodils on the front. It was so sweet smelling and I didn't have problems with dry hair at all.
I used to bathe under a tap in my bathroom which I shared with my parents back in our old house because I simply loved the cold water. At 10, I developed dandruff. It was disgusting. I would have white flakes on my shirt. But I continued to use Sunsilk anyway. I had a long love affair with Organics conditioner but sadly, it was pulled off the market when Uniliver(the supplying company) relocated to Japan. I used Kharenee's method of combing out the shampoo in my hair with a comb while showering to reduce the dandruff. It helped.
I used a shampoo designed for swimmers for awhile because I went swimming every evening. Hence the broad shoulders (butterfly). It was extra strong to wash out all traces of chlorine. It made my hair dry. I was crestfallen because I had always had silky hair as a child.
At 11, I fell in love with these two bottles of berry and strawberry scent shampoo. They came in those gift toiletry packages. Needless to say, they smelt mouth wateringly sweet and light. I would spend an hour in the bathroom. I infused the water with the shampoo and soaked my hair in the concoction for well over half an hour while lying on the cold bathroom floor just to try and capture the scent in my hair. It is a wonder I didn't catch a cold!
At 12, I contemplated using Pantene. It never worked out. Sunsilk was still my pick.
At 13, I made the drastic switch to Herbal Essence. Its heavy scent was intoxicating and it left my hair feeling silk straight the whole day. Carmen used to comment on how great my hair smelt when she sat next to me in the science lab. :D I believed that I would be with this shampoo for a long time. But it didnt work out, it made my hair dry after about 4 months. I believe it was just too strong.
At 14,I switched to JS exclusive, a salon shampoo. It was actually for coloured hair but because my mommy had an extra bottle, she gave it to me. It didn't work miracles but at least my scalp didn't feel itchy and dry.
At 15, I used a combination of Organics shampoo in the afternoon and occasionally JS. (: Those who know me well enough know that I don't go home right after school because it is too far. Instead, I go to my aunt's house and have lunch, do homework, sleep etc until my parents avail themselves to send me home. I used Organics there.Organics is amazing but sadly not on the market anymore. My uncle used to work for Uniliver thats why he had some stock left over. At home, I remained faithful to my JS. I purchased a new JS (the very first line of this post). It actually is meant to for people with rebonded/straightened hair but the saleslady recommended it because I had naturally straight hair. Nen Lin introduced me to her pink Sunsilk leave in conditioner. (:
This year, my loyalty to my JS was renewed when I really took the time to rub the shampoo into my scalp and condition my hair every night. It was truly effective. I use Dove in my aunt's house occasionally. Most of the time, I would wait until I got home to use my JS. Dove is pretty good too, I guess. My hair always looks good when there is a change of shampoo. I also have looked to the nennen recommended Sunsilk leave in conditioner. The pink one with erm, yoghurt extracts? Delectable! (:
Yesterday, I ran out of my JS. I went to the hair and beauty shop to purchase yet another last-me-for-a-year 1000ml worth of JS. The lady recommended me La'Belle 2. I have decided to try it out.

I am naming my shampoo Bella. (: It is very nice smelling and suits me exactly. :D I know you cannot smell it but I can ! (:
To quote the hair lady (i mean sales person) : zhe ge bi jiao hao liao.
In english, this has better um, ingredients?
I have used it for the first time and as I am typing this post, my hair is silky and smooth again. Good omen? I think so. Or is it just the change.
Hopefully my Bella will be my true, long lasting friend who will serve me well just as my
dermalogica clay cleanser and
push up bras have.

Farewell my JS, you have served me well. (:
oh and,
HAPPY RETIREMENT PN. KOK PEY SHAN!
Labels: random, seriousness