
I just finished watching How To Lose Friends and Alienate People. It was alright. A little predictable but it really got me thinking. Sometimes, when you want to succeed does it mean you have to give up what you really want. When it comes down to it, which would you choose?
Success or Passion?
Plot summary :
Sidney Young is a disillusioned intellectual who both adores and despises the world of celebrity, fame and glamor. His alternative magazine, Post Modern Review, pokes fun at the media obsessed stars and bucks trends, and so when Young is offered a job at the diametrically opposed conservative New York based Sharps magazine its something of a shock! It seems Sharps editor Clayton Harding is amused by Young's disruption of a post-BAFTA party with a pig posing as Babe. Thus begins Sidney's descent into success - his gradual move from derided outsider to confidante of starlet Sophie Maes. Initially helping him out at Sharps is colleague Alison Olsen, who has her own secret. Wither their friendship?
Its easy to say that we would choose our passion for whatever-it-is over success, fame and money. But when it comes down to it, I realize the choice is really hard. Its so easy to get caught up with the material thing in the world. So I wonder, how would I face that choice when I go out. Maybe its working overtime and moving up the career ladder or my family; Maybe its giving up something I love for something that pays the bills.
I hope I make the right choice.
To quote Robert Frost
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Oh and, I think Megan Fox relies too much on her sex appeal. Its a little nauseating at times. Guys would probably love it though. Just a thought. (:
Labels: Philosophies, seriousness